DISCLAIMER: This document is not an official LiveJournal document! It is a resource document maintained by an fellow user. The original source of information is noted, where applicable. LiveJournal takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
Removing LiveJournal CookiesContributed by: mortaine
To remove LiveJournal cookies in Mozilla .9.9 and 1.01 in Linux, follow these steps:
- From the Mozilla web browser, select Edit --> Preferences from the menu bar.
The Preferences dialog box will open.
- Double-click the Privacy & Security category.
- Highlight Cookies from the categories.
The cookies options will appear in the panel on the right-hand side of the dialog box.
- Click the Manage Stored Cookies button to open the Cookie Manager dialog box.
- Click the Site tab to sort the cookies by server name.
- Scroll down to the
livejournal.comand highlight a cookie.
Important: Make sure the "Don't allow removed cookies to be reaccepted later" checkbox is unchecked.
- Select the Remove Cookie button.
- Repeat with each cookie from
- Select the OK button to finish deleting the cookies and close the Cookie Manager dialog box.
- Click OK in the Preferences dialog box to save the preferences and close the dialog box.
The Cookies preferences for Mozilla .9.9
The Cookies preferences for Mozilla 1.01
The Cookie Manager dialog box.
Last Updated: 23 December 2002
Contributed by: mortaine, with thanks