DISCLAIMER: This document is not an official LiveJournal document! It is a resource document maintained by an fellow user. The original source of information is noted, where applicable. LiveJournal takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
Clearing the CacheContributed by: mortaine
To clear the cache in Mozilla .9.9 and 1.01 in Linux, follow these steps:
- From the Mozilla web browser, select Edit --> Preferences from the menu bar.
The Preferences dialog box will open.
- Double-click the Advanced category from the left-hand panel.
- Highlight Cache from the categories.
The cache options will appear in the panel on the right-hand side of the dialog box.
The Preferences page with the Cache options displayed.
- Select the Clear Memory Cache button.
- Select the Clear Disk Cache button.
The web browser may take a few seconds to clear the disk cache, but should not take more than 30 seconds to do so under Linux or Unix.
- Select OK to finish clearing the cache and close the Preferences dialog box.
Last Updated: 23 December 2002
Contributed by: mortaine, with thanks